Actions and Detail Panel
Meet the Doulas Night
Thu, May 18, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
Whether you are pregnant or just thinking about it, come to this FREE event. We will answer any questions that you have.
What is a doula? What does a doula do? Do you need a doula if you already have a partner? How do you find the right doula for you?
Several clinical studies have found that a doula's presence at a birth:
- Tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- Reduces negative feelings about one's childbirth experience
- Reduces the need for Pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extractions and cesareans
- Reduces the mother's request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research also shows that parents who receive a doula's support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Be more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
- Space is limited, so please pre-register by calling (603) 650-2600.
- All classes must be paid for in full one week before they begin, and we are unable to provide refunds for a program after that date.
- WHRC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
- In case of bad weather, class cancellations will be made on the day of the class: by 2:30 pm for evening classes, and by 8:30 am for daytime classes.
- Scholarships are available from donations made to the WHRC FRIENDS program.
- Some managed care plans are now offering reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our health care classes. Call your employer or insurance customer representative to find out if you are eligible.
Keywords: Pregnancy and Parenting