Actions and Detail Panel
Mediterranean Cuisine Comes to You!
Thu, Mar 30, 2017, 5:30 PM – Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 7:00 PM EDT
Have you been eager to eat the Mediterranean way, but are not sure where to start? This program offered by UF/IFAS Extension Clay County will involve you in designing and putting the Mediterranean lifestyle into practice in your own life. You will discover the scientific support for the health benefits associated with a Mediterranean lifestyle. Explore culinary practices related to the Mediterranean way of eating and living, while discovering regionally produced local foods.
Registration fee includes:
- Four classes
- Food Tastings
March 30, 2017 5:30-7 pm - Session One:
- Introduction to the lifestyle, history, and culture of the Mediterranean Region
- Food Focus: Healthy fats and olive oil tasting
April 6, 2017 5:30-7 pm - Session Two:
- How the Mediterranean diet pattern affects chronic disease
- Food Focus: Yogurt, cheese, whole grains of the region
April 13, 2017 5:30-7 pm - Session Three:
- Putting the lifestyle to work!
- Food Focus: Cultivated greens and other vegetables
April 20, 2017 5:30-7 pm - Session Four:
- Explore healthy proteins, seasonings, and wine basics
- Food Focus: Salt-Free Herb Blends, Bean Dips, Salmon