What is Meditation exactly?
Meditation is a technique used to promote relaxation, awareness, and a prayerful attitude. It also relieves stress and focuses your mind to be in harmony with your body. Meditation will lead to a path of self-discovery through inward awareness and the practice of presence, clarity, and peace. Meditation involves many different exercises, including prayer, mantras, and affirmations, among others.
Specific benefits of the meditation we practice include:
- Stress relief
- Relief of cerebral tension (which leads to headaches)
- Alleviates anger, anxiety, and insomnia (due to a busy mind)
- Increases the body’s healing capacity
- Strengthens the voice
- Induces a meditative state for relaxation
- Harmonizes the mind and body
- Promotes self-awareness
- Creates a soothing effect on the nervous system
What to expect?
10 minutes of mindfulness
Sitting at the table/not on the floor
The take aways:
Techniques you can use at your desk or at home to relieve stress and improve coping skills.
Stretches to relieve hip and shoulder tension
What will you need? An open mind and attention span for 10 minutes :)
Door closes at 12:20 pm
For more information email Kristina.Christian@gov.ky