Meditation Specialist™ Online Training: Build Your Foundation
Monday, November 14, 2016 at 1:00 PM - Monday, December 19, 2016 at 8:30 PM (EST)
MEDITATION SPECIALIST™ ONLINE TRAINING:
BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION
Online November 14 - December 19, 2016 | 36.0 contact hours
Focused Awareness: Bringing Mindfulness Into Focus for Healthcare Professionals
According to the National Institutes for Health, National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health more than one-third of US adults are using some form of complementary/integrative therapy. Meditation has been recognized as one of the most powerful techniques available to restore balance and vitality on a mental, emotional and physical level. With the rapidly growing interest in meditation throughout the U.S., demand has increased for qualified and competent teachers and therapists. The Meditation Specialist™ Training is a secular, evidence-based meditation program that offers the most comprehensive training integrating science and practice.
During this online program, you will learn the foundation tools of focused awareness meditation, an evidence-based systematic practice. This course prepares attendees to assist patients/clients dealing with healthcare conditions such as cancer, pain, cardiovascular disease, anxiety and depressive disorders, for example, with practical applications for everyday use.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT: Registration for BOTH the webinar event AND the "in-person" 5-day program at a discounted rate. Please contact Holly Daymude at (703) 991-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR THIS SPECIAL RATE FOR EITHER EVENT. MUST ATTEND BOTH EVENTS.
Participants who attend the webinars in their entirety, participate in the online readings, practice, pass weekly homework assignments, and complete the evaluation survey will earn:
* Registered Nurses: 36.0 contact hours
* Registered Dietitians: 36.0 CPEUs (Level 2)
* Occupational Therapists: 3.6 AOTA CEUs
* Occupational Therapy Assistants: 3.6 AOTA CEUs
Occupational Therapy Level and Content Focus:
* Content Level: Intermediate
* Content Focus:
- Domain of OT: Areas of Occupation
- Domain of OT: Client Factors
- Occupational Therapy Process: Outcomes
Course delivery format: Online
Instructional Method: Lecture, Group Discussion, Narrative; Webinar
Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Occupational Therapists,
Occupational Therapy Assistants
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of the Meditation Specialist Competency Training Series is to provide participants with the foundation tools of mindfulness, focused awareness, the principles of healing and the keys to starting a meditation practice. Upon completion of this series, attendees will be able to do the following:
1. Explain the principles of healing and evidenced based meditation.
2. Discuss bringing meditation into healthcare.
3. Describe the science of breath.
4. Recognize the role of relaxation in evidence-based meditation.
5. Describe a practical approach to starting a meditation practice.
6. Review anatomy and physiology of the seated pose.
7. Review anatomy and physiology of the brain, and nervous system.
8. Review anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system and nasal function.
9. Review anatomy and physiology of muscular relaxation.
10. Review anatomy and physiology of the process of meditation.
11. Demonstrate foundation principles for healing through systematic meditation.
12. Use posture and movement to support meditation.
13. State the steps to bring mindfulness into focus.
1. Learn the foundational tools for focused awareness through mindfulness and concentration, and the keys to starting a meditation practice.
2. Recognize the principles of healing and gain skills to bring meditation into healthcare.
3. Obtain strategies to take charge of your health, and your patient’s health, by coping with stress more effectively.
4. Network with your peers and form your own study group within the online classroom.
1. Online Modules: This series of online modules were chosen to align with this program.
2. Webinars: If you missed any webinars, you will have a chance to review the recordings until January 2, 2017. All webinars will be held at 7:00 PM ET.
Bringing Meditation to Healthcare: December 19, 2016
Sample webinar presentation:
Phone cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Cancellations received four weeks prior to the start date will receive a full refund of the registration fee. Cancellations received after four and up to seven days up until the start of the program will be assessed a $50 processing fee. Cancellations received seven days prior or “no shows” will not receive a refund. In the event that the program is cancelled, a full refund will be issued.
For content questions, contact Susan Taylor, PhD email@example.com For certification questions, contact the National Meditation Specialist Board www.NMSCB.org
Susan Taylor, PhD, is director of educational programs and founder of the Center for Meditation Science, Inc. An accomplished nutritional biochemist and meditation specialist with more than 25 years of experience, and a pioneer in the field of mind/body medicine, Taylor continues to transform our understanding of health.
Dr. Taylor is the author and producer of the "Healing Power of Meditation" and "The Vital Energy" audio programs, and the author of "The Healing Power of Meditation" national seminar and the "Meditation Specialist™ Competency Training" for healthcare professionals.
She holds a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry at Case Western Reserve Medical School and a MS in Human Nutrition with Columbia Medical School.
Webinars must be attended in their entirety and the evaluation form must be completed.
The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
OnCourse Learning guarantees that the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the provider or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
Nurse.com educational events are provided by OnCourse Learning.
OnCourse Learning is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing and the Georgia Board of Nursing (provider #50-1489). OnCourse Learning is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider #CEP16588.
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
OnCourse Learning is an approved provider of continuing education for occupational therapists by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (provider # FBN 50-1489).
Focused CE Series combines live webinars with independent web-based study, creating a “virtual classroom” environment. Tackling complex initiatives, we break them into key topics, and bring nationally known experts right into the attendee’s home, office or facility. Learners go through a multiple week engagement with the same small group of peers, so they can share practices and questions together in an interactive “two-way” webinar experience from wherever they live or work. Between webinars, learners complete independent online study modules to reinforce and apply their new learning and prepare for the next session.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.