Medical/Surgical Conference 2013
Daily Event: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Cape Girardeau, MO
Keynote Speaker: Donald Wood ARNP, CRNA
A registered Nurse with 40 years of experience, an experienced speaker, educator and author, Wood will provide motivational insight on the challenges of nursing in the 21st century. Focus on skills of communication, critical thinking, planning, leadership and health marketing.
- Evaluation of the Deteriorating Medical/Surgical Patient – Matthew Shepard, MD
- HIPAA: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow – Donald Wood, APRN, CRNA
- Rapid Response – Saint Francis Medical Center Rapid Response Team
- Delirium – Linda Heitman, PhD, APRN-BC, CNS, Professor at Southeast Missouri State University
- Acute Kidney Injuries – Debra Burton, APN
- Indications and Complications of Central Lines – Teresa Nagel, NP
- Government Changes and the Effect on Nursing – Aaron Spratt, Director of ARRA Program Implementation, Saint Francis Medical Center
Saint Francis Medical Center Employees should register via eLearning.
Registration begins at 7:30 am the day of the conference. Lunch is on your own.
To access Saint Francis Conference Center, please use Fitness Plus – Entrance 8, take the elevator to the third floor and follow signs to the conference center. If you have questions, please call Training and Development at Saint Francis Medical Center at 573-331-5107.
Saint Francis Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Missouri Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 7 contact hours provided.
Saint Francis Conference Center
211 St Francis Dr
Saint Francis Training and Development
Saint Francis Medical Center offers many continuing education courses to healthcare employees throughout the region, including American Heart Association educational courses for healthcare providers, child care providers and lay rescuers. We deliver exceptional customer service built on years of experience and integrity. We look forward to having you in classes and working with you to meet your educational and training needs.
Many upcoming classes and seminars offered by Saint Francis Medical Center's Training and Development are open to healthcare employees throughout the region. Please call the 573-331-5107, or toll-free at 866-331-5107 with any questions.