Pitch Like a Pro
MediaMatch is an intimate event featuring top bookers, producers, editors, reporters and radio hosts. You’ll get one-on-one time with those you think are most likely to be interested in your pitch.
What will you pitch? Totally up to you. Maybe you can help analyze the 2012 presidential race. Maybe you’ve designed a new line of clothing or invented a toy that could be the holiday season’s “must-have” gift. Maybe your non-profit is changing hundreds of lives but hasn’t gotten the publicity it deserves.
Join us from 7-9 p.m. Oct. 25 at American University. We’ll start with a 40-minute panel discussion, “Think Like a Journalist.” After that, each participant will get five minutes with the journalists they most want to meet. (Think of it as media speed dating!) You’ll be able to pitch yourself, then get immediate feedback about your chances for coverage.
Media Outlets Include: Real Clear Politics • Hotline • Campaigns & Elections magazine • Capitol File • Washingtonian • 94.7 FreshFM • EnergyNOW! • WJLA
What your ticket buys:
• A 40-minute panel, “Think Like a Journalist.”
• Five-minute appointments with as many journalists in attendance as you like
• A tip sheet in advance to help you make the most of your time with each journalist
• The opportunity to give them product samples, press packets, printed lists of potential story ideas
• On-call media trainers to answer any questions you might have during the event so that you can offer the journalists your most effective pitch
• 10% off an hour of media training (either before or after the event) with the OnPoint Strategies team
What your ticket doesn’t buy (aka “the fine print”): The participation of the media listed in this letter does not imply any endorsement of the event or company. Furthermore, although individuals with the above organizations have told us that they will attend Media Match, OnPoint Strategies does not guarantee the presence of any particular person or media organization; however we do guarantee that there will be at least 10 journalists in attendance. Your admission helps us stage an event that includes an educational panel and gathers a significant number of journalists into one room at the same time so that you can meet more journalists more quickly than you could do on your own. MediaMatch does not guarantee that participating journalists will cover you or use you as an expert source.