Media Open House
Thursday, May 9, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CDT)
Media Open House
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas (RMHC Austin) is hosting a Media Open House to showcase the difference the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms have made in the lives of hundreds of families from Austin and surrounding communities.
RMHC Austin will also introduce the Red Shoe Society, the newly launched annual giving program, including the new donor wall at the Ronald McDonald House.
Local media are invited to tour the Ronald McDonald House - including newly redecorated guest rooms - and visit with families who have personally experienced the hospitality of the Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms.
Snacks will be provided along with Maeme’s Cupcakes.
Visual and Interview Opportunities:
- The Ronald McDonald House - indoors and outdoors
- Newly designed guest rooms
- New Red Shoe Society Donor Wall
- Interview families who have benefited from our services, including the Talkington family (pictured at right).
- Interview Opportunity for media from neighboring communities or counties: Following the media day we will connect you with a family from your area who has used our services.
- Interview RMHC Leadership, including:
- Kent Burress, CEO - Can discuss the LEED Platinum building and how our healthy House helps lead to healthy families.
- Ann Jerome, Chief Development Officer - Can discuss the Red Shoe Society and how this annual giving campaign improves our financial foundation.
- RMHC Austin Board President, Marian Wu - Can discuss RMHC Austin leadership along with her own family story of using the Ronald McDonald House when her baby was hospitalized.
- Beverly Seffel - Community Relations Manager - Can discuss numbers of families served from various counties and communities
- Other RMHC Austin Leaders TBA
Please contact Jan Gunter - firstname.lastname@example.org or 628-5931 for more information.
When & Where
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas
We help families face the burden of childhood illness together.
The Ronald McDonald House is a home away from home for families whose children are in Austin hospitals.
Our three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms provide a home-like space where families can rest and regroup within the walls of these hospitals:
- St. David's Medical Center
- St. David's Women's Center of Texas
- Dell Children's Medical Center