This Mechanical Shock Testing & Data Analysis Short Course will provide a comprehensive treatment of mechanical shock test techniques and data analysis for shocks from 100g to 200,000g. Mechanical shock instrumentation from low frequency techniques for underwater explosions to high frequency techniques for ballistic shock will be reviewed in detail along with the techniques and data analyses to evaluate the instrumentation measuring these shocks.
This course is highly recommended for all lead technicians and managers of environmental test laboratories.
Over 3 days of instruction, Dr. Vesta Bateman will lecture on topics including:
- Introduction to Mechanical Shock
- Mechanical Shock Instrumentation and Measurement
- Certification of Shock Instrumentation devices
- Time and Frequency Domain Shock Specifications
- Shock Analysis using Acceleration
- Data Acquisition System Calibration/Use
- MATLAB Data Analysis
- Shock Testing Machines For Components and Full Scale Systems
- Navy Mechanical Shock Machines
- Pyroshock Testing and Simulation
- Accelerometer, MEMS, and Materials Evaluations
- Component Pyroshock Simulations
- Uncertainty Analysis
- Pseudo Velocity Shock Spectra (PVSS) topics
The $1700 Registration Fee includes lunch daily, a comprehensive set of course notes, a compilation of papers by the instructors, and a text book entitled Shock Data Analysis by Rudolph J. Scavuzzo and Henry C. Pusey.
Please register as soon as possible to ensure course availability.
All courses are subject to cancellation if adequate attendance is not met.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You may contact the Shock Course Manager, Lauren Yancey, at email@example.com with any questions regarding the course.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Registrations are transferrable between people within the same organization.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not need to bring a printed ticket to the course.
What is the refund policy?
Things happen, and if you are unable to attende the course, we are happy to work with you to either transfer your registration to a future class, transfer your registration to another person in your organization, or refund your registration. Refunds requested within 15 days of the start date of a course will forfeit a $100 administration fee.