MECDA’s Cairo Caravan 2012 Get-Away Scholarship for Professionals
Monday, March 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM - Monday, April 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM (PDT)
Long Beach, CA
MECDA’s Cairo Caravan 2012 Get-a-way Scholarship for Professional Dancers/Musicians:
Rules & Requirements:
• Must be 18+ to apply.
• Must be a MECDA Member to apply.
• Must submit the official MECDA Cairo Caravan 2012 Scholarship Application, along with letter(s) of recommendation from your current/past Middle Eastern dance instructors, copies of any certificates/awards mentioned in your application, an essay on the subject "How important do you think having a bellydance community is and what is the importance of community in your journey as a bellydancer or musician,” a dance related resume, and provide a link to your best performance.
• Letters of recommendation should be submitted online by the person making the recommendation - using the official recommendation letter submission link.
• Applicant must be a professional performer.
• Scholarship winners will be selected by the Central Board of MECDA based on submitted materials.
• Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2012. Recipient will be announced on May 10, 2012.
• The applicant will be required to perform on stage during the festival.
• Applicants must complete 1 volunteer shifts during the course of the weekend (3 hours; can be completed Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) to be assigned by event promoter.
• Persons who are not current MECDA Members will not be considered. Questions about your membership? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Full weekend pass to MECDA's Cairo Caravan 2012.
• Complimentary ticket to the Gala Show.
• Admission to three (3) workshops of your choice for the weekend.
• The winner will be announced at the festival as well as on the MECDA website, and in the MECDA Happenings.
• A certificate will be presented to the Scholarship winner.