Actions and Detail Panel
Meatball Brawl at Damian's Cucina Italiana
Sun, April 23, 2017, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Mamma Mia! Who’s got the best ‘balls in Houston? Roll up your sleeves and find out at this month’s meatball competition, Sunday April 23rd at Damian’s Cucina Italiana. Owners Johnny Mandola and Bubba Butera will set the stage for local chefs to compete and showcase their original creations. In honor of the late Frankie Mandola, the event will benefit his charity The Texas Italian-American Sports Foundation, which raises money for scholarships for local athletes.
Guests are invited to enjoy an afternoon of wine tastings and musical entertainment, while eating their way through a lineup of top chefs’ most innovative meatball dishes. The following awards will be announced by our judges at the event: Most Traditional Meatball, Most Creative and People’s Choice.
WHO: Jumping into the ring will be:
· Chef Alex Padilla, Antone’s Famous Po Boys
· Chef Joe Galluzzi, Brooklyn’s Meatball Company
· Chef Martin Weaver, Brennan’s
· Chef Nash D’Amico, D’Amico’s
· Chef Dimitri Voutsinas, Emmaline
· Chef Mark Holley, Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
· Chef Richard Kaplan, Weights & Measures
· Chef Martin Stayer, Nobie’s
· Chef Anthony Calleo, Pi Pizza
· Chef Alexandre Scarafile, Sud Italia