Actions and Detail Panel
MCAET Career Demonstration Day
Wed, April 26, 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Students, Educators, Community Leaders, Digital Media Industry Professionals, Artists and Creatives:
Please join us for Career Demonstration Day!
The Media Center for Art, Education and Technology (MCAET) and Millennium Charter High School (MCHS) are developing the Arts, Media, and Entertainment Industry’s future as State designated Career Technical Education Demonstration Sites.
Learn how students from throughout Monterey County are learning alongside Digital Media Industry Professionals:
• Radio, T.V., Film • Advertising • Promotions • Web Design • Broadcast Journalism • Sports Broadcast • Engineering • Animation • Game Design • And Much More
9:00am to 10:00am - Networking with Cookies & Coffee
10:00am to noon - Industry Professionals Panel Discussions
“Preparing Students for Digital Media Careers or College”
FULL Slate of FOUR Panels, TWENTY Professionals. See the Panel/Speaker Lineup below.
12:15pm - Complimentary LUNCH
1:00pm to 3:00pm - Open House Tours
MCAET Studios, Production Truck, Mobile Digital Media Studio
MCAET Career Demonstration Day Panel / Speaker Lineup
Emcee: Hamish Tyler, Media Center for Art, Education & Technology (MCAET), Director
10:00am Panel A - Content Delivery
Topic: Bring home the bacon—Delivering content isn’t about three networks and rabbit ears anymore.
Moderator: Dr. Mike Murphy, Millennium Charter High School, Principal
- Cliff Greenberg, Livewire Information Systems, President
- Dr. Betty Saxon, AT&T, Area Manager
- Paul Congo, Access Monterey Peninsula (AMP), Managing Director
- Comcast Hometown Network, Representative
- Garry CoCola, Cocola Broadcasting Companies, President & CEO
10:30am Panel B - Production / Management
Topic: Managing content for 21st century audiences; “Who cares anymore?”
Moderator: Emiliano Valdez, Valdez Productions, Musical Director & Composer | Media Arts Teacher
- Colleen Bailey, Monterey Jazz Festival, Managing Director
- Dave Kellogg, Monterey County Herald, City Editor
- Christine Sandin, Sunset Cultural Center, Executive Director
- Marissa Schwartz, KION TV, Assistant News Director
- Lewis Leader, Public Relations and Media Consultant
11:00am Panel C - Visual Arts / Design
Topic: Designing for the future with arts at the core. Did you know that AME includes designing for the web and much more?
Moderator: Sharon Albert, Salinas Adult School & Mission Trails ROP, Director
- Julio Gil, Central Coast Sign & Design, Creative and Owner
- Spencer Critchley, Boots Road Group, Managing Partner
- Laura Harris, Nonprofit Development Consultant
- Mike Rodriguez, IT Professional
- Shann Chu, Monterey County Office of Education, EdTech Academy
- Kevin Milligan, Kevin Milligan Gallery, Gallery Director-Practicing Painter
11:30am Panel D - Production
Topic: Adjust! Being on stage "ain't what it used to be."
Moderator: Marnie Glazier, Hartnell College, Theatre Arts Faculty Lead
- Adriana Frederick Sutton, Noticias Monterey-Salinas | Entravision, Reporter
- Barry Brown, KION, News Anchor
- Michael Buffo, House of 8 Media, Motion Picture Director
- Peter Meuse, Singer Song Writer, Professional Artist in the Schools
- Julie Hughett, Pacific Repertory Theatre, Actor
We hope you can join us!
This is a free event. Registration is required, because seating is limited.
RSVP: 831.784.4192 | Htyler@montereycoe.org | MCAETevent.eventbrite.com
MCAET is a department of Monterey County Office of Education and provides students from throughout Monterey County with unique opportunities. Tom Torlakson, the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, referred to MCAET studios as one of “The Best in the State." The Career Technical Education division has also named MCAET and the Millennium Charter High School one of eight statewide “Career Education Demonstration Sites."