Are you a minority business seeking to secure government contracts? Join us as well walk you through the application process to obtain the local, state and government Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certifications needed to qualify.
Business owners will be filling out the online application for the certifying agencies that they qualify for based on the business questionnaire to be completed during class. Businesses need to have been in business for at least 3 months to qualify for any of the certifications.
In order to complete the application, please bring all applicable items:
- Business Tax Returns - 3 years (if in business less than 3 years, bring as many tax returns as have been filed)
- Mortgage statement for all properties
- Any licenses
- Information for both personal and business assets (value, date purchased, loan on asset) - vehicles, equipment, properties, buildings,
- Information on storage space, office space
- Personal Liabilities - lines of credit, loans, credit card balances
- Life insurance information
- Bank information - business accounts (bank, banker's name, address, phone number)
- Bonding information - Agent/broker name and contact information
- Loan information - business
- Asset Transfer Information
- Ownership investment
- Payroll company's contact information
- 3 customer references - company, contact person, address, phone, type of work/service performed and contract amount
- Stocks and bond information (personal asset) - Security name, number of shares
- Information on unpaid taxes - tax type and amount
This session is offered at no charge but registration is required to attend.
When & Where
Ohio Small Business Development Center
The Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State Community College provides entrepreneurial development assistance and high end business consulting to start-up and emerging business owners in Central Ohio, including Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Licking, Logan, Madison, Pickaway, and Union counties.The Center’s services are offered at "no cost" for consulting services and many training sessions.
The Ohio SBDC at CSCC district office is located at Columbus State Community College. Our office address is 320 N. Grant Avenue, suite 1062, Columbus, Ohio 43215, however, training events are held at various locations including Columbus State, Dublin, and New Albany locations. Please see your event confirmation for location details.