This public forum is seeking input from the public to help create a citywide network of safe, cost-effective, contemporary, living, live/work, studio, and performance spaces for established and emerging artists.
The forum will focus on three areas:
- Artist Space Needs: What kinds of spaces are necessary for living, live/work, and performance? Should they be separated, or combined?
- Code and Regulatory Issues: What are the building, life safety, zoning, and other code and regulatory issues that affect our ability to provide space for artists?
- Project Finance and Development: Are there any suggested financial models that can assist artists in their housing needs? Do we need to develop new financial or programmatic models? Are there any existing or potential financing programs?
At the forum, please consider the following questions:
- What kind of living, working, and/or performing space do you need that is currently lacking or unavailable in Baltimore?
- What ideas do you have about how Baltimore can provide space that meets these needs?