May 2017 IIA Dinner: Ethical Leadership for the 21st Century
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 5:15 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us on May 2 for a monthly IIA Silicon Valley Chapter dinner meeting that will include a special guest speaker.
5:15 – 6:00 Networking
6:00 – 8:00 Dinner and speaker
Cost: $50 IIA members; $60 non-members
The meeting will be held at the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel located at 2700 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara Ca 95054 (408) 988-1500
Please register by April 27, 2017
Ethical Leadership for the 21st Century
Cynthia Cooper will share her personal experiences as well as critical ethics and governance lessons learned from some of the largest corporate scandals. She will discuss what organizations can do to implement best-practice anti-fraud programs and build strong ethical foundations that lead to sustainable success.
She will discuss:
• Recent corporate failures: what went wrong and lessons learned
• The speed of risk: How peering over the horizon can save your organization
• The slippery slope: who commits fraud and why
• 10 steps to recognize and think through ethical dilemmas
• The power of choice: how each of us can find our moral courage and make a positive difference
Speaker Bio: Cynthia Cooper is the former Vice President of Internal Audit at WorldCom. In 2002, she and her team of auditors investigated and unearthed $3.8 billiong in fraud at WorldCom, which to date represents one of the largest corporate frauds in history.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Institute of Internal Auditors San Jose Chapter