ARCHS' STL Educare Child Care Health & Safety Training
Missouri Department of Social Services Required Trainings (Topics Covered):
Basic Child Safety
- Mandatory Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome & Abusive Head Trauma
- Prevention of SIDS
- Safe Sleeping Practices
- Child’s Physical, Social & Emotional Development
- Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
- Hand-Washing & Universal Health Precautions
- Prevention and Response to Food Allergy Emergencies
- Medication & Parental Consent
- Child Immunization Schedule
- New Training Requirements for registered providers receiving Missouri child care subsidy dollars
- Setting up your OPEN Initiative Toolbox
- Why you need a Missouri Professional Development Identification (MOPD ID) Number
- Using the Missouri Workshop Calendar to find Trainings
- New Health & Safety Requirements and On-site Monitoring requirements for Registered and License-Exempt Facilities
Adult, Pediatric, and Infant CPR/First Aid Certification
Safe Child Care Environments
- Sanitary Food Handling
- Building & Physical Premises Safety
- Protection from Hazards that can Cause Bodily Harm
- Handling & Storage of Hazardous Materials
Responding to Emergencies
- Emergency and Disaster Response
- Safe Transportation of Children
Emergency & Disaster Response Planning
- Receive assistance in developing your plan using the DHSS template
- Complete multi-hazard assessments to aid in pre/post emergency planning
Co-sponsored by: City of St. Louis Department of Health, Harris-Stowe State University Department of Education, and the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
Funding for ARCHS' STL Educare Trainings provided by: Missouri Department of Social Services, Children’s Division, Early Childhood and Prevention Services Section
Clock hours to be awarded: 2-4 hours
Am I allowed to bring anyone with me? Children or other non-registered guests will NOT be admitted.
Do I have to register in advance? Yes. Due to limited class space and reporting requirements, walk-ins will not be accepted.
Where do I park? Harris-Stowe has two parking lots. There is a parking lot off of Market as well as behind the William L. Clay Early Childhood Center off of Compton. Parking is free, but space is limited. Please note that during events, this space may be full. There is paid parking at the Chaifetz garage as well as at street meters on Compton and other nearby streets.
Is there a dress code? Please dress comfortably and appropriately. Jeans, sweats, shorts, sandals, and tennis shoes are allowed.
May I bring snacks? You are welcome to bring snacks or any non-alcoholic beverages of your choice, however food and drinks are not allowed in the classrooms. Light snacks will be provided on Friday afternoon trainings and lunch will be provided on Saturdays ONLY at 12 Noon.There is a student cafeteria on campus if you'd like to purchase lunch on your own.
Is there a designated smoking area? Harris-Stowe is completely tobacco-free. Smoking is prohibited anywhere on their campus (including the outdoors).