Maverick Young Entrepreneur Bootcamp June 5-9, 8:30AM to 3:30PM
Are you a future entrepreneur?
Are you curious? Self-motivated? Do you like to work with others in teams to solve problems? Young Entrepreneur Bootcamp gives you the chance to:
- Discover whether you have the mindset of an entrepreneur.
- Use social media including Facebook & Twitter to promote a business idea.
- Learn how to turn an idea or hobby into a money making business.
- Explore the resources available to young entrepreneurs at college.
- Virtual Business Simulation You will experience the excitement of planning and starting a business. Your team will brainstorm ideas, choose a business name and logo, and create marketing strategies using social media. At the end of the camp, teams will pitch their business ideas to parents and guests.
- Thinking Out of the Box Energizing games and exercises are not only fun, but will boost your confidence and skill in generating and communicating your ideas.
- Exploring Entrepreneurship in College Tour Mammel Hall, a state-of-the-art business school. Learn about UNO’s student entrepreneurs’ organization, its business competitions and the Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Franchising.
Meet young entrepreneurs!
Workshop leaders, presenters and speakers include faculty of UNO's College of Business Adminstration, students from UNO's chapter of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization, and recent grads who are practicing entrepreneurs.
Field Trips Every Day!
Every day we visit one or more exciting startups or well-known businesses in the Omaha area and talk with the business founder and learn how they became successful. Visit the coolest high tech startup, tour the largest transmission factory, explore a business incubator with 80 startup companies or see how the sausage is made at Omaha's largest meat packing plant. We see it all!