The Maui Barbershop Festival will be a "How-To-Do-It" Event! Take a little personal-development-time to relax, refresh and rejuvenate your performance skills on the beautiful Island of Maui. Usher in your Holiday Season in Hawaiian Style with blue skies, warm sands and an aloha welcome, at the first-ever Barbershop Festival for Men's, Women's and Mixed Barbershop Singers!
Come discover your "Inner Winner!" at this four-night and three-day event in Wailea, Maui, December 6-9, 2017.
Having a knowledgeable guide can create the space for quantum leaps, now imagine what three accomplished and caring guides can do for you!
- Joe Connelly, BHS Four-Time International Quartet Lead Gold Medalist and Presentation Judge will share his techniques with you for developing and delivering amazing song interpretations, while we hone our barbershop craft skillset.
- "Engage on Stage's" Professional Performance Coach and Harmony Inc. Presentation Judge, Theresa Weatherbee, will assist you to attain your personal performance goals through her unique approach.
- Debra Lynn will share how you too can experience free, effortless singing with total control of your artistry through her simple, fun and effective bel canto method.
- Enjoy general morning sessions with our guest coaches, then break for lunch and return to specialized afternoon break-out sessions. Our evenings will vary, with our Opening Ceremony, Performance Event & Final Night Celebration. Event fees cover all festival activities! (Optional Luau will be available for group discount.)
Our special guests, the Musical Island Boys, 2014 BHS Gold Medalists will entertain us on Saturday night!
The beautiful Maui Wailea Marriott Beach Resort & Spa is a full-service convention center situated on the south Maui shoreline. Easy access to the beach, pools, shopping, golf and a variety of restaurants for any budget are within walking distance.
- Sessions will be scheduled with relaxation, fun and enjoyment in mind. Ample time will be allowed for lunch and dinner and for those bringing spouses or children, the hotel concierge can provide guidance for whale watching tours, snorkel and surfing, golf or other local Island activities.
Early Bird Registration - $295 until March 1, 2017
Full Registration - $395 March 2nd - December 6, 2017
Guests - $50 to Attend all Evening Sessions & Saturday Night Performance
$25 Saturday Night Performance Ticket when purchased without Guest Pass.
10% Discount for Kamaaina and those who register in groups of four or more!
Conference Cancellation Policy: A $50 Registration fee will be deducted from all refunds. Full refund of balance, prior to September 30, 2017, 50% refund before November 7, 2017 and no refunds after November 8th, 2017.
A room-block has been reserved with hotel rates to accommodate your budget with garden rooms at $235/night, ocean views at $269/night and premium ocean views at $299/night, with either two Queens or a King bed available.
- Register early and reserve your room by calling the Marriott at (808) 879-1922 and mention "Maui Barbershop Festival" to receive our group's special rate or click on hotel link in our festival website.
- We currently have 100 rooms (40 Garden, 40 Ocean & 20 Premium Ocean) in our special room block. In order to expand to accommodate more hotel rooms, we will need to fill the block as soon as possible.
- A Maui Barbershop Festival Handbook will be provided to all registrants with Island information and ground transportation options.
- Air transportation support is available through Capitol Travel Service at (608) 221-4791 or during business hours 8:30 to 5:30 pm CST at (800) 222-4791. By email - email@example.com. If contacting after hours, use email and they will respond at the earliest convenience the following business day.
- Group Discount Rate - For groups of four or more participating singers, we will offer a 10% discount on fees when purchased together. Contact the organizer by email or phone, to make these group arrangements.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email Debra Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org, call her at 1-860-604-6273 or message her on Facebook.