Materials and Resources: Carpet Recycling Initiative
Thursday, August 23, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Walnut Creek, CA
This program will address issues surrounding sustainability initiatives in the carpet industry and offers tools for actively engaging customers and colleagues in both professional conversations and environmental endeavors involving the continued effort to decrease the carpet industry’s environmental footprint.
- Drivers of sustainability
- Describe sustainability and key drivers of carpet recycling
- Identify ways to reuse and recycle carpet
- List new products produced from old carpet
- Quantify landfill diversion of post-consumer carpet and its environmental and human impact
- Provide information for a carpet reclamation specification for a project
6:00 - 6:30: Networking
6:30 - 8:00: Presentation
About the Speakers
David Wilkerson, Corporate Director of Sustainability and Product Stewardship, Shaw Industries
Mr. Wilkerson is responsible for identifying, planning and leading key sustainability initiatives for Shaw’s carpet, rug and hard surface divisions. In this capacity he works closely with the residential and commercial sales and marketing teams as well as Shaw’s corporate communications department and product innovation group. David is also a member of Shaw’s Growth and Sustainability Council and serves on the Residential and Commercial Strategic Business Teams. Prior to this current position, David led the start up of Shaw’s Hard Surface Division where he served 10 years as Vice President of Marketing and Product Development. David graduated with honors from the University of Tennessee in 1976. He joined Shaw Industries’ inaugural Management Training Class in August of that year. Over his 35 year career he has held numerous management positions in sales, marketing and product development on both the carpet and hard surface sides of Shaw’s business
Become a USGBC - Northern California Chapter Member today and gain instant savings on our workshops and events with one low annual fee.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note the following policies:
- All sales are final, and we do not offer any discounts.
- Should USGBC-NCC have to postpone or reschedule the workshop or event, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Registration cannot be transferred to another workshop or event.