D20 Games Hosts its first Pokemon City Championship tournament!
When: Jan 6th. Registration- 11 am-11:45.-Kids under 14 play at 12--masters at ~2:30 (we will give more accurate target start time at players meeting after Registration completes.
- First Flight (set of players): 12:00 start time for Juniors (age 10 and under) and Seniors (age 11-14)
- Second Flight: Masters ( Age 15 and up ) Start time is target 2:30, and latest start time at 3, (depending on previous rounds
Cost: Free, but limited to first 50 players per flight. (max players for space.)
Pre-registration available to make things smoother, but please don't pre-register unless you know you will be able to attend. Pre-registered players must check in by 10:45 Sunday to confirm their slots
Prizes: First place Trophy plus 18 booster packs, 2nd-10 packs-3rd and 4th both get 4 packs.
Deck Requirements: Modified Format----Exactly 60 cards with at least one basic. Sets allowed are Black and White on (Black and White, Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, Dragon's Exalted, Dragon Vault, and Boundaries Crossed. Black and White promo cards and Black and White Trainer Kits also allowed.) 4 copies of each card max excluding basic energies. Ace Spec special cards (such as Gold Potion) limited to one per deck. Deck lists are Required but can be filled out at the event before play begins. No changing decks from the deck list once it is submitted. Here is a link to a decklist program (PC)
- Jr. (10 and younger): Swiss-One game per round. Rounds are max 30 minutes plus 3 turns after time is called. (Likely 3-4 rounds). Prizes for the top 4 players
- Sr. (11-14): Swiss-one game per round (likely 4-5 with possible top 2-8 play-off depending on # of players.)
- Masters (15 and up): Swiss-one game per round (Likely 6-7 rounds with top 8 play-off)
Pokémon TCG City Championship tournaments, players in each of the three POP-recognized age divisions can work toward earning Championship Points, potentially earning an invitation to the World Championships! City Championships do not require an invitation, or qualification. All players in good standing are welcome to participate.
The Pokémon TCG City Championship tournaments will be taking place from November 17th, 2012 through January 6th, 2013. To find times and locations of City Championship events in your area, click here.
Remember, while we frequently update our events schedule, we recommend that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Participants will receive 2 Play! Points just for playing!
- 18 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- A City Championship Trophy
- 50 Championship Points
- 10 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- 40 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 4 or greater)
3rd & 4th Place
- 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
- 30 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 8 or greater)
5th – 8th Place
- 20 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 32 or greater)
9th – 12th Place
- 10 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 64 or greater)
13th – 16th Place
- 5 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 64 or greater)
17th – 32nd Place
- 3 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 128 or greater)