This is a 2-day course designed to provide students with the basic skills required to develop NC programs that require 2-axis turning operations. Other areas of focus will be on the Turn Profile function, part orientation, geometric and translation tools typically required for programming lathes, as well as live tooling functions and methodology utilizing Mastercam Lathe C-axis operations.
Prerequisites: MastercamU Mill Design and Toolpath or MastercamU Lathe on-line course or like experience. Class is suitable for first time users of CAD/CAM Software. Some computer experience is helpful but not required.
Duration: 2 Days
Class Times: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Creation of Geometry for Lathe Applications
- Understanding Basic Job Set-Up
- Stock & Jaws Creation
- Machine/Control Definition
- Select Material Library for Speeds and Feeds
- How to Apply Roughing, Finishing, Grooving, Threading and Cut-Off Toolpaths
- Chucking Applications
- Stock Advance & Flipping
- Shaft and Tailstock Applications
- Saving Tool Path Operations