San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Creative Writing Workshop in Los Angeles
Learn to engage readers with wordplay, metaphor and more in this creative writing workshop
My husband likes to quote Anonymous, who said: “If a man speaks in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?”
The communicator’s corollary: If you cover your terribly serious and important stories, and nobody pays attention, does your message still make a sound?
In this creative nonfiction writing workshop, you’ll learn how to write copy that grabs attention, keeps it longer, communicates more clearly, enhances credibility and is more likely to go viral.
You’ll walk away with proven-in-the-lab best practices — not just what to do, but how — for painting pictures in your readers’ minds so they understand your points faster, enjoy your information more and remember it longer.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Outside the Pyramid: Increase engagement, readership, sharing and more.
- Color Them Fascinated: Rivet readers with juicy details.
- Paint Pictures In Your Readers' Minds: Make their brains light up.
- Get to Aha!: Master a creative process that works with — not against — your brain.
- Play With Your Words: Surprise and delight readers with wordplay.
- Make Magic With Metaphor: Charm readers with compelling comparisons.
- Master the Art of the Storyteller: Whoever tells the best story wins.
- Get a creative writing workout with Wylie: Take your story from 'meh' to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work.
Registration starts at 8 a.m. Class starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
Get $281 worth of learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Silver level
- Plus $281 worth of learning tools:
- Art of Storyteller toolkit, a $127 value
- Clarify Complex Copy toolkit, a $127 value
- People Power manual handbook, a $27 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Some hotels near our Master Class venue are:
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel LAX - EL Segundo
- Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
- Embassy Suites by Hilton
- Sea View Inn at the Beach
- Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
You can also view these hotels on our Pinterest map for these hotels.
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. How do I get there? Where do I park?
A. Coming soon.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best money you invest this year on your professional development. But here are four ways to save:
- Save $100 – book one of the 20 early access tickets by Dec. 23 Jan. 23 deadline extended.
- Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”. RevUpReadership members: Enter your RevUpReadership.com password. Others: Enter your promo code.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class
|VIP Level||Non-member||Rev Up Readership|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early access ticket||$1,095||$1,045||$995||$995||$945||$895|
|Gold||Early access ticket||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|Platinum||Early access ticket||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095|
|Diamond||Early access ticket||$1,695||$1,645||$1,595||$1,595||$1,545||$1,495|
Q. What if I need to cancel?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by Dec. 23, 2016, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- by Jan. 23, 2017, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after Jan. 23, 2017.
Q. What should I bring?
A. Bring your laptop and a story to work on. In class, you'll write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Q. How do I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at email@example.com.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary preferences.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A.Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop.
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.