San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
INDUSTRY EXHIBITION 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Showcasing the most complete range of 50 film and media companies in Massachusetts; including top creative production & post production companies, suppliers, innovative products & organizations. Meet the exhibitors here.
KEYNOTE PRESENTATION 12:00 Noon – 1:30 PM
• Mayor Martin J. Walsh – City of Boston
• Anita Walker – Executive Director, Mass Cultural Council
• Margie Sullivan – President, MPC
• Lisa Strout – Director, MA Film Office
SPECIAL FEATURE FILM PRESENTATION
THE FINEST HOURS
A Mass production story on the making of The Finest Hours.
A conversation with the producers and specialists bringing this extraordinary Massachusetts story to screen in Disney’s production of The Finest Hours. The major motion picture brings together a dream team of Producers, Marine Coordinator, and Stunt Coordinator for one of the largest and most highly anticipated films to lens in the Bay state.
Based on the spellbinding tale of the 1952 Coast Guard sea rescue off the shores of Cape Cod – join us for a special panel discussion with the team behind this production, and some of the most prestigious blockbuster sea-faring movies of our time.
• Dorothy Aufiero – Producer
• Doug Merrifield – Executive Producer
• Bruce Ross – Marine Coordinator
• Kevin Scott – Stunt Coordinator
Moderated by: Lisa Strout – Director, MA Film Office
• Learn more about the panel here: Keynote Presentation.
THE WORKING ACTOR 12:30 – 1:30 PM (Fraser Studio)
Meet some of Boston’s most distinguished talent in a special forum where these working actors will discuss career management, ‘getting the gig’, and training for auditions.
Owen Burke, Chris Everett, Tamara Hickey, Celeste Olivia & Bates Wilder
Moderated by: Jordan Rich, WBZ Boston.
• Learn more about the panel here: The Working Actor.
FLASH DEMOS 2:00 – 3:30 PM (Fraser Studio)
See the latest and greatest film and media production tools and products through special demos from these cutting edge companies.
• Rule Boston Camera – rule.com
• Signiant – signiant.com
• Blackmagic Design – blackmagicdesign.com
• AJA Video Systems – aja.com
• Learn more about Demos here: Flash Demos.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN MEDIA, CONTENT & TECHNOLOGY
2:15 – 3:30 PM (Yawkey Theater)
How do media innovators succeed in business? Whether your business is production of an independent motion picture or in content / high technology, just about every startup is looking to compete for attention and raise money.
Among the questions to be discussed are: Understanding what investors want and what kinds of investors are out there, how to structure a business with your partners and other founders, understanding the life-cycle of a company after the start up phase, and how to find mentors and learn from the successes and mistakes of others.
• Brett Beaulieu-Jones – Co-founder, Sync OnSet
• Paul Bernon – Producer, Burn Later Productions
• Karl Büttner – Chief Mentorship Officer, MassChallenge
• Joshua Miller – Co-founder, 3Play Media
Moderated by: Mark Fischer – Partner, Duane Morris
• Learn more about the panel here: Entrepreneurship in Media, Content & Technology.
DOCUMENTARY SERIES IN THE DIGITAL AGE
4:00 – 5:30 PM (Yawkey Theater)
Learn how WGBH has adapted traditional narrative forms while embracing innovative technology to compete in the changing information marketplace from the producers of the signature ‘GBH programs: American Experience, FRONTLINE, and NOVA.
Introduced by Ed Chuk – Director, WGBH Production Group
• Mike Kirk – Senior Producer, FRONTLINE
• Michael Rossi – Producer, American Experience
• Chris Schmidt – Senior Producer, NOVA
Moderated by: Tim Mangini – Senior Director of Production Technology, WGBH.
• Learn more about the panel here: Documentary Series in the Digital Age.
Atrium Media Café 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Throughout the day the beautiful Yawkey Atrium will house a media café to enjoy lunch, coffee & light fare.
Cocktail Reception 5:30 – 6:00 PM
Join us for the Expo closing celebration to cap off a great day with a cocktail reception and hors d’oeuvres..
General Admission is just $25. MPC Member Admission is only $15.
We recommend purchasing tickets online in advance to secure admission.
Visit our Membership Page to join or renew your annual membership and become part of the Commonwealth’s largest film and media organization.
When & Where
Mass Media Expo 2014
Free garage parking available at WGBH.
Click here for details.
For announcements and updates, visit our
Mass Media Expo is made by possible
by generous support from:
To purchase or renew MPC membership,
please click the image below.