SpeakItaly (www.facebook.com/speakitalynyc) and Le Zie with the collaboration of Nonna Box are glad to invite you on February 28th, 2017 at 7:00pm at Union Square Loft for a three hour masquerate buffet dinner and performances, just like the Venitian tradition dictates. MASK IS MANDATORY!
Carnival in the history was an opportunity to break down all social differences and get everyone on the same level, it was the time to forget life problems and frustrations enjoying this popular festival together. The mask was a symbol of the play but also of equality: as people could hide behind it all their shame. Wearing masks and costumes people could completely hide their identity therefore eliminating all forms of personnel belonging to social class, gender, religion. Anyone could become what they wanted and on the 24th is your time to shine.
The Menu of the CICCHETTI of the night will be:
* Polpo con Patate ( Octopus with Potatoes)
* Capesante e Pancetta (Scallops and Bacon)
* Crostino di Carpaccio, Rugola, Parmigiano (Toast with Carpaccio, Rugola, Parmesan)
* Uova alla Diavola con Aragosta (Eggs Diavola with Lobster)
* Paté di Fegatini (Chicken Liver Pate)
* Baccalá Mantecato e Polenta (Codfish with butter and Polenta)
* Polpette di Risotto allo Zafferano con Fontina (Meatballs with Saffron Risotto with Fontina)
Castagnole con salsa di cioccolato (Castagnole with chocolate sauce)
See you there...
*TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDBLE