Actions and Detail Panel
MASBHC Annual Conference
Thu, May 18, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Maryland Assembly on School Based Health Care's 2017 Annual Conference, Building Linkages for Healthier Students, will be held on Thursday May 18th, 2017 at The Meeting House in Columbia, MD.
MASBHC is honored to welcome Ali Smith, Atman Smith, and Andres Gonzalez, the founders of the Holistic Life Foundation as our keynote speakers for this year's conference.
The Holistic Life Foundation (HLF) is a Baltimore-based nonprofit organization committed to nurturing the wellness of children and adults in underserved communities. Through a comprehensive approach which helps children develop their inner lives through yoga, mindfulness, and self-care HLF demonstrates deep commitment to learning, community, and stewardship of the environment. HLF is also committed to developing high-quality evidence based programs and curriculum to improve community well-being.
Registration and CEU Information
Early Bird Registration will be open until May 1st at $85/person. After May 1st, the registration rate will go up to $95. There is a team discount of 10% for organizations that would like to send 5 or more individuals. See the "Group Discount: Early Bird" ticket. You will have to enter information for each conference attendee when you register under the group discount rate ie their contact information, email, and their Breakout Session selections.
This activity has been submitted to the Maryland Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Maryland Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
Social Work CEU"s will also be offered.
8:15-8:45 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45-9 am: Welcome and Greetings
9-10 am: Keynote Presentation: Mindfulness for Whole Student Wellness -- Holistic Life Foundation
10-10:30 am: Break and Vendor Exhibit
10:30-11:45 am: Breakout Session A* (Choose One) -- Overview of Breakout Session A Click Here
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Hallways to Health Addresses Social and Emotional Health School Wide – with the Holistic Life Foundation
- Orthopedic Red Flags
- School Based Oral Health: A Toolbox for Prevention Strategies and Collaboration
- Addressing Chronic Absenteeism through Linkages and Data
11:45 – 1pm: Lunch
1:00 – 2:15pm: Breakout Session B* (Choose One) -- Overview of Breakout Session B Click Here
- Building Linkages for Immigrant Students: Trauma Informed Care and Restorative Practices with Immigrant Youth Vulnerable to High Risk Behaviors
- Maryland Adolescent Health Collaborative Round Table
- Clinical Update: Health Needs of LGBTQ Adolescents
- Effective Billing for SBHC’s
2:15 – 2:30pm: Break
2:30 - 3:45 pm: Breakout Session C* (Choose One) -- Overview of Breakout Session C Click Here
- Building Linkages for Immigrant Students: School Based Mental Health for Immigrant/Refugee Populations
- Addressing Asthma in the SBHC
- Sudden Cardiac Death Among Student Athletes: A Game Changer in the Field of Pediatric Medicine
- Integrating SBHC’s and School Health Councils: A Presentation by the Maryland State School Health Council
3:45 - 4:00 pm: Evaluation & Closing