San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
College of Marin is pleased to offer the ServSafe Food Manager training and exam, taught by a ServSafe accredited instructor and proctor.
Taking this course and successfully passing the SERVSAFE exam will result in participants receiving the Food Manager’s Certificate and Card, recognized by the Marin County, Sonoma County, and San Francisco Health Departments, and nationally accredited food safety certification from the National Restaurant Association.
The program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research and years of food sanitation training experience. Managers learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety. All content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by food service industry experts.
- Length: 7.5 Hours, includes 5 hours of training, a half hour lunch break, and 2 hours for the exam.
- Content: The ServSafe program helps prepare you for the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification exam. Training covers the following concepts:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food Safety Regulations
- Training and Exam: $99, includes an in-person class, test, and (after successfully passing) access to your Food Manager Certificate & Card online.
- Exam Only: $59
- ServSafe Book: Optional reduced-price ServSafe book for $40 (highly recommended especially if this is your first time taking this class!)
- Food Manager certification is valid for 5 years from issuance.
- Exam is in a computer lab, so you do not need to bring a computer. You DO need to bring a photo ID (e.g. Driver's License).
Limited Spaces Available.
GETTING THERE AND TAKING THE TEST:
- Are there ID requirements? Yes, you must bring your valid ID, the Instructor and the Proctor will need to look at it at the time of entry and before the test.
- Where is the class? The class is at the College of Marin Indian Valley Campus in Novato. The room number will be sent to you before the class.
- What about parking? You will be sent a free parking pass and confirmation 2 days before your class begins.
- What should I bring? Your driver’s license or other valid photo ID and lunch. You do NOT need to bring a computer – we will take the exam in College of Marin’s computer lab.
- What time should I be there? If you have signed up for the full class, be there at 9am.
Change and Cancellation Policy: You may change your registration date UP TO TWO DAYS BEFORE the class, with a change fee of $25. Contact 707-703-9535 to reschedule your class time. By registering for this event you agree to the change or cancellation policy.
Attendance Policy and Missed Class: If you completely miss class or do not arrange a change by the change deadline (2 days before the class), you will receive the value of half of your class price towards another class (e.g. if you take the 1-day class which costs $99, you will pay half price, $49.50 to reschedule it again). By registering for this event you agree to the attendance policy.
Failed Exam: What happens if you fail? You must register again to retake the exam with a training option. If you failed the exam that you took with College of Marin, you can take the retest for $45. But it is highly suggested that you take the class and exam with a discount of 25% off (e.g. if you take the 1-day class which normally costs $99, you will pay $74.25).
3). You are allowed 3 attempts to pass the exam. Your third attempt may not commence for 30 days following your second attempt, and successful completion of prerequisite training will be required before your second or third attempt. If one does not pass within three attempts, one may not attempt the exam until 1 year has lapsed from the last attempt.
We reserve the right to change, cancel, or postpone enrollment for any reason anytime. It may be necessary to make changes, cancel or postpone scheduled class times for which you register. We will notify registered examinees by email by 9pm or sooner the day prior to class. By registering for this training event, you agree to our right to change, cancel or postpone class or exam session at anytime.