Make a Mardi Gras Headdress!* Saturday, Feb. 4, 10am-2pm.
Facilitated by Gretchen Zalkind.
In this 4-hour workshop you will create your own unique headdress to show your style during Mardi Gras, on Mardi Gras Day, or just for fun any time. If you do not complete your headdress in the time alotted, you are welcome to stay and complete it. It's fun to see how everyone designs their own project. You can learn to make several styles for building up your costume stash!
You will use a structural base, then add (using hot glue and hand stitching) lots and lots of embellishments:
- glittery shoots & spirals
- jewels, glitter and sparkles
- paper and fabric feathers, ribbons, tassels
- architectural structures
- steampunk elements
- LED lights, flowers, antlers
- and of course, beads galore
$68 per person, all materials included. Space is limited, so sign up now!
Bring a sack lunch as we will be working through lunch. OH, and wear clothes that can tolerate glitter and hot glue!!
* The images in this Eventbrite listing are examples and inspiration for this workshop and not the actual projects that you will make in class. You may bring sketches of ideas with you, or pictures of headdresses you want to use to inspire your own creation. We will have more elaborate embellishments for sale if you'd like to take your project up a notch, or you may bring your own stash embellishments!
Class attendees receive a 15% discount on all day-of-class purchases! As with all our classes, you may register online through Eventbrite, or in person in our shop. If you prefer to pay the class fee on the day of class, you must call the shop to reserve your space 504-302-9434. Please read our expanded class policies here. We (or the instructors) set minimums on most of our classes. If for some reason a class does not “make”, you will be notified and will receive a full refund. For project-based workshops and classes, you will begin your project in class; however, depending upon your skill level and speed, you may or may not be able to complete your projects in the class time frame. You are always invited back to complete your project by calling the shop and scheduling a time.