The Business Case for D&I: A Law Firm Perspective
Did you know?
- Less than 15% of all lawyers in firms are minorities. When limited to only African-Americans and Hispanics, that number decreases to less than 7%.
- Clients are asking firms to provide evidence of their diversity, policies and initiatives, including specific requests about supplier diversity.
In this one hour session, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the business case for Diversity and Inclusion in law firms
- Learn the framework for a successful D&I strategy in a law firm
- Receive the tools and resources to implement or improve a D&I strategy at your firm
In preparation for the event, the speaker requests that all attendees, as well as non-attending GCC members, complete a short diversity and inclusion survey. The survey can be found here.
Doug Harris is the Chief Executive Officer of The Kaleidoscope Group, with over 20 years of experience in the field of diversity consulting. As the leader of The Kaleidoscope Group, Doug’s knowledge and expertise guides organizations through the creation of customized strategies that address the specific diversity needs of the business. Some of Doug’s clients include: Blue Cross Blue Shield, CNA, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, John G. Shedd Aquarium, McDonald's Corporation, Nationwide Insurance, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Provena Health, The Federal Reserve Banks, and several nonprofit social service/government agencies.
Doug's extensive experience in managing cultural differences extends into the global arena. He has designed and delivered global strategic consulting solutions and cultural education workshops for Caterpillar, Dana Corporation, and Northrop Grumman. His engaging style and unique ability to give diversity meaning at all levels of the organization has made him a sought after and renowned diversity expert, presenter and facilitator.
CLMSM App Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR) towards the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
CLMSM Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR)