Manzanita Blooms at Glen Oaks Ranch in Sonoma Valley 2-12-17
Sunday, February 12, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PST)
Manzanita Blooms at Glen Oaks Ranch in Sonoma Valley
With Botanist Peter Warner
February 12 (Sunday) 1–4pm
The hillsides at Glen Oaks Ranch support an abundance of manzanitas, which bloom in many different shades of pink during the early part of the year. Join botanist Peter Warner for a walk to see and learn more about these beauties!
Level 2- some inclines with good trails
The 234-acre Glen Oaks Ranch property, located in the Valley of the Moon near Glen Ellen, was donated to Sonoma Land Trust in 2001. The Ranch’s vintage farmhouse, stonewalls and oak woodlands are visible to travelers along the Highway 12 corridor. In addition to its scenic and historic value, Glen Oaks also offers exceptional wildlife habitat. The valley oaks are among the finest stands in the Sonoma Valley, and a stunning reminder of old California.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or (707) 526-6930 x 110.
Sonoma Land Trust
Sonoma Land Trust conserves scenic, natural, agricultural and open land for the future of Sonoma County by:
- Developing long term land protection strategies,
- Promoting private and public funding for land conservation,
- Acquiring land and conservation easements,
- Practicing stewardship, including the restoration of conservation properties, and
- Promoting a sense of place and a land ethic through activities, education and outreach.