Celebrate Manufacturing Day in America by joining us for presentations and facility tours. Missouri Enterprise, Missouri's Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), will share about manufacturing in Missouri. We will participate in plant tours where you can hear directly from manufacturers based in the West Plains area. Students will learn about jobs in manufacturing.
Join us for this fun day and see what cool products we make right here at home.
- 9:00 Welcoming Remarks by SBTDC, MSU-WP
- 9:15 Manufacturing in Missouri by Missouri Enterprise
- 9:40 Buses depart
- 10:00 Manufacturing Tour
- 10:40 Buses depart
- 11:00 Manufacturing Tour
- 11:40 Buses depart; return to WPCC
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:40 Buses depart
- 1:00 Manufacturing Tour
- 1:40 Buses depart
- 2:00 Manufacturing Tour
- 2:40 Buses depart
- 3:00 Adjourn
To ensure your participation in scheduled plant tours, please follow all the protocol requirements below.
- No cameras or photographs allowed on the manufacturing facilities' premises
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not prohibit movement
- Flat, closed-toe shoes must be worn (shoes must cover your entire foot; no sandals or shoes with cutaway designs)
- Remove all jewelry (no exceptions)
- Hair shoulder-length or longer must be pulled back and tied together (ponytail, braid, etc.); you must bring your own hair-tie if needed
- Safety googles, hats, earplugs, vests, visitor badges, and other items may be provided on-site; all participants will be required to utilize safety equipment provided
- Follow the instructions of your tour guide and stay together in your group; if tour lines are on the plant floor, be mindful and stay within the lines
- Smoking and running, including outside the plant facilities, will not be permitted
- At all times listen and follow host instructions for a safe and fun experience
Manufacturing Day in America is an annual event that celebrates local manufacturers. It raises community awareness of their vital importance to our regional economy.
Manufacturing Day was developed by the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) to celebrate modern manufacturing by hosting open-door events at facilities around the nation. Follow the celebration with @MfgDay, @ManufacturingDay and #MFGday17.
Save This Event
When & Where
SBTDC hosted by MSU-WP
The Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) hosted by Missouri State University-West Plains is a technical assistance provider serving small businesses. Whether you are currently in business or thinking about starting a business, the SBTDC can assist in your venture!
Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Minority/ Female/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity Employer and Institution. To become a student, call 417-255-7955. To support the university, call 417-255-7240.