ADVANCED MANUFACTURING IN NYC
For the past four years, ITAC has participated in Manufacturing Day, in an effort to highlight the importance of the manufacturing sector to the economy. This year, the focus is on Advanced Manufacturing, reflecting that today’s factories bear little resemblance to the outdated ones that are still the common public perception. To remain viable in the face of intense domestic and global competition, manufacturers are overhauling their production operations and adopting sophisticated technology and intelligent systems, thereby achieving significant efficiency and productivity increases.
Through technological and process advancements, NYC manufacturers are successfully competing through higher productivity and greater value to customers. The transformation of manufacturing has profound implications for the incumbent manufacturing workforce and for the qualified workers that employers look for.
THIS EVENT WILL:
- Provide awareness of advanced manufacturing trends in NYC and address the implications for the industry
- Discuss emerging technologies, tools and processes and how they are used by both traditional manufacturers and emerging companies
- Outline important factors in the successful implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies
- Highlight training programs and essential skills for students, aspiring entrepreneurs and incumbent workers focused on advanced manufacturing
- Provide networking opportunities for workforce providers, manufacturing companies and other resources
- Celebrate National Manufacturing Day, dispel outdated myths about manufacturing, inspire a new generation of manufacturers, and promote local events focused on showcasing good jobs and viable career pathways.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This event is ideally suited for anyone interested in the growing advanced manufacturing industry and looking to learn about what is happening in the NYC industrial community:
- Owners and executives of manufacturing companies located in NYC, regardless of size or industry;
- Students and aspiring entrepreneurs;
- Local workforce training providers; and
- Economic development agencies.
- Scott Cohen, Co-Founder, New Lab (KEYNOTE)
- Nada Marie Anid, Dean of Engineering and Computing Sciences, New York Institute of Technology
- Charles Boyce, President and Founder, Boyce Technologies
- Sean Patterson, CEO and Founder, StrongArm Technologies
- Paula Rimer, Co-Founder and CEO, Crepini
- Justin Stanwix, CRO, Nanotronics
- New York Institute of Technology: http://nyit.edu
- VEDC: http://vedc.org/
Breakfast and refreshments will be served at 8:30AM; Main program starts at 9AM.
Limited Space, Please Sign-Up Early!
For more information please visit: http://itac.nyc/mfg-day-2016/