MANTA: SPECIAL RESPONSE TEAM II
Mid-Atlantic Narcotics Training Academy (MANTA)
A division of NC National Guard Counterdrug Program
SPECIAL RESPONSE TEAM II: Tentatively Scheduled for June 19-23, 2017
Length: 5 days (45 hours)
Designed For: This course is intended specifically for law enforcement officers actively engaged SWAT/SRT operations.
Prerequisites: Students must be sworn law enforcement officers currently serving on a SWAT/SR Team or currently serving in a law enforcement capacity as a member of the United States Armed Forces. Priority of registration is given to state and local civilian law enforcement officers. Students should have completed SRT I or SWAT I level training (Documentation is required). All participants should be in good general health and physical condition and capable of performing minimal physical skills associated with field exercises described in this course.
Course Goal: To expose students to advanced methods and strategies used to resolve stand-off situations that pose a risk to the community, citizens and law enforcement. This course builds on MANTA’s SRT I course.
- Discuss importance of combat readiness and conduct a series of physical training drills.
- Discuss the challenges SRT operators face in lethal confrontations and how to prepare mentally during training.
- Safely manipulate and tactically operate a sub-machine gun during a series of training exercises on the firing range and in the shoothouse.
- Identify the components of operational planning and execute a pre-rehearsed plan as part of a mock callout.
- Identify the methods used to deploy chemical munitions in a tactical situation and demonstrate the ability to conduct a series of CQB drills in a chemically contaminated environment.
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor's Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to register for a class, contact:
Lieutenant Fredrick Yebuah at email@example.com (O: 984-664-7649) (C: 919-341-9090)