MANTA: HIGH RISK WARRANT PLANNING AND EXECUTION
Mid-Atlantic Narcotics Training Academy (MANTA)
A division of NC National Guard Counterdrug Program
HIGH RISK WARRANT PLANNING AND EXECUTION: Tentatively Scheduled for July 10-14, 2017
Course length: 5 days (40 hours)
Designed For: Federal, State, and local Law Enforcement Officers and military personnel who are tasked with the planning and execution of narcotic related arrests and search warrants.
Prerequisites: Participants must be local, State, or Federal Law Enforcement Officers or members of the U.S. Military with current commissions and in good standing with their respective Agencies. All participants should be in good general health and physical condition and capable of performing minimal physical skills associated with field exercises described in this course.
Description: This class provides the basics in planning, communications, rehearsals, execution and mechanics of movement. At the conclusion of this course, students will recognize the importance of detailed planning, preparation, and deployment techniques associated with the successful execution of Narcotic Search and Arrest Warrants.
This course incorporates lecture and table top exercises along with practical exercises and scenario based training. Students will use hands-on performance based training designed to increase officer safety and efficiency and achieve mission success.
- Planning, Intelligence Collection, Mission/Operation Orders, Threat Matrix
- Equipment selection, Personnel, Tactical medic support
- Communication and Coordination, Rehearsals
- Approaches, Team Movement, Stacking, alternate Breaching Points, Link Points, etc.
- Breaching (Manual, Ballistic, Flash-bang)
- Distractions, Diversions (Brake & Rake), Ruses
- Dynamic movement/flow, slow search options, Shield techniques
- Clearing, Threat Assessment, Commands/Communication
- Less Lethal Options, Abort & Rally Points, Breach & Bunker Options
- Searching techniques, Prisoner handling
- Evidence recovery, Documentation
- Critique, review, and training assessment
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor's Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to register for a class, contact:
Lieutenant Fredrick Yebuah at email@example.com (O: 984-664-7649) (C: 919-341-9090)