Managing Products in California: Compliance with Prop 65, Green Chemistry and the Rigid Plastic Packaging Act
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
This webinar will provide an in-depth understanding of California specific laws, affecting food and other product manufacturers and marketers, such as the Prop 65, the Green Chemistry Initiative, and the Rigid Plastic Packaging Act. We will discuss these laws, how to comply with them and avoid litigation.
Why Should You Attend:
California has several California specific laws and related regulations that affect businesses that sell products in California or to customers in California, directly or indirectly. These laws include Prop 65, the Green Chemistry Initiative, and the Rigid Plastic Packaging Act. In order to do business in California a manufacture must be aware of these laws to avoid the costs of violations.
The presenter, a legal expert, will use case studies to help participants understand these regulations, violations and enforcement better. We will discuss the statutes and regulations, procedures, litigation and compliance at legal and scientific level.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- History of the Law
- Explanation of the Statute and Regulation
- Case Studies
- Food Products
- What to do if you get a sixty-day notice
Who will benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to the following who sell their products in California:
- Manufacturers of coffee, teas, cookies, maple flavorings, cola flavored beverages, and sports drinks
- Manufacturers of consumer electronics, soaps and detergents
- Farmers and agriculturists
- Compliance officers
- Legal and in-house counsel
- Plastic packaging companies
- Waste disposal plants
Lee N. Smith is a shareholder of Weintraub Tobin in Sacramento and Fresno. He is experienced in federal and state water quality, air quality and hazardous materials compliance issues, Prop 65 and Food Safety issues. He has handled cases before the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, the San Joaquin Unified Air Pollution Control District, and local environmental agencies. He has also been involved in state court litigation concerning pesticide contamination, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and Prop. 65 litigation, as well as federal litigation involving the Clean Air Act and the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.