San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
FOR HIGH DER SYSTEMS
MANAGING DERS Main Conference
, A Workshop Preceding
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
This workshop will consider alternative methods for valuing DERs, and discuss a variety of tariffs that would facilitate distribution systems with high-DER penetration, including Time-Of-Use charges, demand charges, and dynamic pricing tariffs; whether such tariffs should be mandatory, default or opt-in; whether DER customers should constitute a distinct rate class; technology required by various rate structures; how to conduct pilot programs to test various rate structures; regulatory perspectives on DER-facilitating rates; and ways to handle customer transitions to new rate structures.
Principal, The Brattle Group
Additional Speakers TBA - Updated Agenda on PM Workshop
Who Should Attend:
* Utilities – Mid- (Directors and Managers) and Junior-level staff in Environmental Policy, Strategy & Innovation, Technology, Resource Planning, Distribution Grid, Grid Engineering, Demand Response, Markets & Customer Service departments; new hires, trainees.
* Solution Providers/Equipment Suppliers – (Startups, Third Party Aggregators, Enterprise Utility Software, Global IT/Internet/Telecomm brands, Grid components and management tools, Communications & Control, Demand Response, Solar, Storage, Microgrids, Smart Home…): VP / Director of Market & Business development, Policy, Research, Government Affairs
* Solar and renewable energy developers and installers, in particular ones moving into energy-as-a-service business models and leveraging smart inverters
* Environmental advocacy and renewables/cleantech-related associations
* Technology and grid engineering researchers at national Labs, thinktanks, research institutes, universities
* Energy industry consultants, analysts
Save This Event
When & Where
Our coverage includes everything you need to know about today’s world of electric power finance, clean generation and distributed grid innovation.
We provide interactions with experts, innovators, and key industry players. We deliver insight via traditional journalism, social media, video content, and face-to-face meetings.