Managing High Performance – Essential Conversations
Line managers play a critical role in implementing HR policy and procedures. Inexperience and a lack of confidence can result in lengthy employee management and ultimately could result in a financial and reputational cost to your company. This workshop designed to help manager’s increase their capacity, capability and confidence when holding those essential conversations with their employees.
During this workshop participants will:
- Understand how to prepare for and hold the essential employee conversations
- Recognise and manage their own emotions, and identify and work with challenging attitudes and behaviours
- Learn the structures and practice the skills to hold effective and positive employee conversations
What will be covered:
- Identify the critical conversations you need to be having with your employees
- Setting standards for performance and giving timely and constructive feedback
- Improve your delegation, allowing employees to develop and enabling you to focus on the most important aspects of your job
- Know when and how to give supportive guidance
- Communicating your message with clarity and style
- When and how to “push” people
- When and how to “pull” people
- Matching and adapting your style to the needs of each individual
- Identify potential issues and take action to manage them
- How to have “difficult conversations” – working with the disengaged employee, and with the star performer
- Managing underperformance, misconduct and absence.
The workshop will be interactive and involve group exercises and discussions. Delegates will have the opportunity to practice skills and strategies in a safe environment. Delegates will receive comprehensive notes and will develop a personal action plan to implement back in the workplace.