San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- How can agency leaders move an organization from crisis management to pro-active management?
- What systems, protocols, and policies can be implemented to improve agency work flow?
- How can Executive Directors, CEO’s, Program Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Administrators engage staff in collaborative teamwork?
For answers to these questions and more, register today for this training.
This is a REQUIRED TRAINING for the: Management Certificate Program. More details about the program can be found on our website: http://www.sffsn.org/training
Free Enrollment for Management Certification Program
You are welcome to participate in any of the trainings individually or to complete the full certificate series.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS:
Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Continuing Education Provider: San Francisco Family Support Network
Provider Number: PCE5856
If you would like to take this training for continuing education credit, the fee is $25 in addition tothe ticket price. Please pay the fee separately by credit card by clicking on the CEU add on option.
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must arrive on time, and you cannot leave early.
For questions, please contact Ricardo Eugenio at (415) 917-3376 or at email@example.com.
This full day training aimed at social service agency Executive and Management teams will present effective strategies to support the administrative and performance expectations of social service managers.
This is part of a new Management Training Series offered by the San Francisco Family Support Network for Social Service Agency Leaders.
- Participants will gain skills to move from crisis management to stable pro-active management.
- Participants will be familiarized with effective systems, protocols, and policies to improve social service agency program work flow.
- Participants will become familiar with effective strategies for delegation of tasks and engagement of staff in collaborative teamwork.
9:00 am: Check-in and Agency Leader Networking Continental Breakfast with Coffee
9:30 am: Training will begin promptly
*Lunch and Materials Provided
Who should come?
- Executive Directors, CEO’s, Program Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and Administrators
- Management teams
- Executive teams
- Crisis Management to Proactive Management
- Taking Back Time
- Systems, Protocols, and Work Flow
- Understanding and Managing Risk
- Morale Boosting
- Ongoing Quality Improvement
By Check: Please go to website http://www.sffsn.org/training/ to download registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By Credit Card: Through Eventbrite
Note: This policy applies to each ticket purchased for individual participants.
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the training, you will be refunded your registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
- Please email your cancellation request to Ricardo Eugenio, email@example.com
- If you cancel 0-5 days before the training date, no refund or credit will be given.
- SFFSN reserves the right to cancel this training if minimum registration requirements are not met.
- A refund will be giving to those who are registered.
For questions regarding registration contact Ricardo Eugenio, Administrative Associate, at (415) 917-3376, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
San Francisco Family Support Network
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Family Support Network is a unique partnership of the stakeholders in the Family Support field: families, community-based organizations, public departments, and private foundations. SFFSN's mission is to work collectively to achieve quality programs, coordination of resources, and policies that support all San Francisco families. For more information, visit our website at www.sffsn.org.