Actions and Detail Panel
Making Ice Cream at Home with Blu Top
This course will cover the basics of making your own ice cream from home using all natural ingredients. You’ll be provided with three classic recipes which illustrate different methods of home ice cream production. We’ll work through the recipes as group with a tasting session at the end. The class will be broken down as follows:
• An introduction to the hows and whys of ice cream. We’ll talk about what makes ice cream so good and how to make sure yours tastes top notch.
• Safe ice cream – some boring bits you should be aware of before you get started.
• Good ingredients – we’ll talk through what’s important to consider when selecting ingredients for your ice cream.
• Good Equipment – advice on everything from pots, thermometers and, of course, ice cream machines!
• Recipe One – Classic French Vanilla
• Recipe Two – Raspberry Ripple
• Recipe Three – Salted Caramel
• Taste test!
Please note that we are not able to provide attendees with ice cream to take home: the duration of the class does not permit us to hard-freeze the ice cream you make, which means it will melt very rapidly. We will, however, eat everything we make in class!
Got a ticket but need to drop out?
Let us know at least two weeks before the event and we'll give you a full refund. After this point we can't offer any refund.