Making Connections will bring together decision makers from local government to uncover trends in the way we produce, distribute and use energy. Attendees will learn about the impacts of those trends on the local economy, jobs, and economic development.
8:00am: Coffee and Registration
Sandy Rummel, Metropolitan Council
8:45am: Framing the Conversation about our Energy Future
Rolf Nordstrom, Great Plains Institute
9:15am: Minnesota Energy Policy Update
Bill Grant, Division of Energy Resources
9:45am: Minnesota State Policy Panel
Moderated by Annie Levenson-Falk, Legislative Energy Commission
- David Sparby, Xcel Energy
- Betsy Engelking, Geronimo Energy
- Kate Knuth, Environmental Quality Board
- Sheldon Strom, Center for Energy and Environment
- Bill Grant, Division of Energy Resources
10:45am: Local Policy Panel
Moderated by Craig Johnson, League of Minnesota Cities
- Jon Commers, Metropolitan Council
- Jeff Weisensel, Rosemount City Council & Port Authority
- Brian Ross, CR Planning
Keynote Lunch: Energy Trends
Lena Hansen, Rocky Mountain Institute
1:15pm: Practical Implementation -- What stragies are being used now to leverage opportunities to benefit our local economies?
- David Bergstrom, Wellington Management
- Jack Kluempke, Division of Energy Resources
- Steve Lawrence, City of Brooklyn Park
2:30pm: Trends, Opportunities and Takeaways -- what energy options are emerging to take us from where we are to where we are going?
Moderated by Michael Langley, Greater MSP
- Kari Howe, Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Jill Curran, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce & MN WasteWise
- Nina Axelson, District Energy
- Fran Crotty, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
4:00pm: Meeting Adjourns
This is a zero waste event!