UCLH Maternity services would like to invite you to an exciting conference to raise awareness of the need for dignity and respect during birth. This free conference will bring together leading experts in the field to discuss the fundamentals to compassionate, kind and respectful maternity care. The focus of the day is to encourage engagement and discussion to transform the experience of women and staff in modern day maternity services.
We have invited superb speakers in the field including:
- Professor Jackie Dunkley-Bent – Head of midwifery at NHS England
- Sheena Byrom OBE – Freelance midwifery consultant –Jointly edited the ‘Roar behind the silence: why kindness, compassion and respect matter in maternity care’
- Indie Kaur – Consultant midwife at Barts Health NHS Trust & Pavan Amara – Founder of My body back project: offers advice to women who have experienced sexual assault– started the first ‘My body back maternity clinic’ at Royal London Hospital.
- Jacque Gerrard –Director Royal College of Midwives England.
- Midwife Jane Pollock- award winner from the Iolanthe Midwifery trust – ‘Caring for the Carers’
- Sally Pezaro – Midwife and Clinical Research Fellow – HealthStaff4HealthyPatients
- You will also hear from women who will share stories of their maternity experiences.
Caring for the wellbeing of staff will also form a significant part of the day. You will learn about the challenges on the well being of staff and acquire skills for self compassion and resilience.
Meeting, sharing knowledge and hearing from renowned speakers will enable this full day conference to provide an inspirational and uplifting experience for every delegate. It is also an excellent opportunity to gain CPD for revalidation.