Are you expecting a baby? Congratulations! Undoubtedly you have heard a lot of opinions about how to take care of yourself during your pregnancy.
But how do you plan to take care of yourself during the postpartum period? Care often drops off abruptly once baby arrives.
Chinese medicine encourages the “Golden Month” or “Sitting a Moon” tradition of spending 4-6 weeks postpartum focusing on recovery and replenishment. Specialized teas, soups, herbal formulas, and body care techniques provide warmth and nourishment to help new mothers heal.
Join licensed acupuncturist Courtney Moore as she shares information about how you can prepare for an optimal postpartum recovery. This 75-minute workshop will include:
● Discussion of what you can expect immediately postpartum
● Demonstrations of moxibustion and belly binding
● Supplementation strategies for the best possible recovery
● Traditional soup and tea recipes
● Tips for preparing for labor, naturally
● Q&A session to address any concerns you have
Offered on an ongoing basis, on the first Saturday of each month. Self-care packages available for purchse.