Make More Money with Framing
Sunday, October 5, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn How to Create Higher Sales Averages
You’ll be taught simple time-honored framing techniques that you can offer as a service to your clients. With these skills, you’ll be able to achieve higher sales averages with your photography clients and additional sales opportunities outside of your current client base!
Add Beauty to Your Artwork
Learn how to enhance your photography in the eyes of your clients by delivering your work as truly finished objects of art that are ready to be displayed and enjoyed immediately!
Increase Your perceived Value
By finishing you clients artwork for them, you are demonstrating a higher level of creativity which ultimately results in your clientele viewing you as worth more. When you are perceived as being more valuable in the eyes of your clientele, you can ultimately charge more for all of your services!
Remember, Framing is both Profitable and Fun!
And if you don’t offer framing, your competitors will, and then who owns the client’s heart!? Please don’t be left behind in the quagmire of wannabes, these skills are essential to being a true profitable professional, so plan on taking this class and getting the professional framers advantage!
Here are some of the wonderful skills that you will learn
- Use the tools and materials of the trade
- Cut foam core and matting blanks
- Mount single (non-matted) images with tack board
- Placing images in single opening mats (T-hinging tapes, etc)
- Arrange and mount images in multi-opening mats
- cutting glass (regular and reflection control)
- Seal glass, matting, and backing together with packing tape
- Touch-up frames with putty, touch-up markers, rub-n-buff and furniture polish
- Fitting with under-pinner and other tools
- Fitting a stretched canvas into a frame
- Installing dust-covers (wall paper, kraft paper, and gift wrapping).
- Using a trim knife vs a plain razor blade on dust covers
- Place hanging hardware on the frame (2 and 3 way ties)
- Where to buy open-stock frames
- Learn to assemble a portable frame installation kit
- How to price your framing for profit
Learn more About the Portraitist, Derrik Ollar.
When & Where
Oregon Professional Photographers Association, Inc