Actions and Detail Panel
Make It Take It Class- Enzo Mari Classic Chair
Sat, April 29, 2017, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM CDT
In 1974 Enzo Mari, a world renowned Italian designer, released Autoprogettazione ("self design"), a book of furniture pieces with plans and instructions for people to assemble at home from easily accessed materials. His intention was for the people to gain insight into what was at the foundation of good design through building the pieces themselves. The Sedia 1 is the first item in Autoprogettazione, and in this class you will turn reclaimed dimensional lumber into a piece of inspired Italian design for the people.
NOTE: A couples ticket allows one chair to be made by two people. If you would like to purchase a singles ticket and they are sold out but there are still couples tickets, or if you would like to purchase a couples ticket and they are sold out but there are still singles tickets, we may be able to accommodate you. Just call or email to inquire.
Please review all details below, including the cancellation policies, before committing to a workshop.
No prior wood working experience is necessary. All of our woodworking workshops are 18+.
View all workshops: http://rebuildingexchange.eventbrite.com
For more information, email email@example.com or call the warehouse at (773) 252-2234 ext. 5.
Rebuilding Exchange is a 501c3 non-profit and our mission is to create a market for reclaimed building materials. We do this by diverting materials from landfills and making them accessible for reuse through our retail warehouse, by promoting sustainable deconstruction practices, by providing education and job training programs, and by creating innovative models for sustainable reuse.
Workshop and Class Policies:
- Please arrive to class on time- especially for an evening class. If you arrive more than 30 minutes late you will only be allowed to observe the remainder of the class. If you arrive more than an hour late, the instructor can choose if they want you to observe the class.
- If you can not make a class, then you MUST call or email firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours before the start of a one-time workshop or class.
- If you can not make a 2 or 4 week series workshop, then you MUST call or email email@example.com 1 week before the class starts.
- If you drop a class before the deadline, then absolutely NO credit will be given (this includes credit in the form of another class).
- If you become ill and seek medical attention, then you must provide Rebuilding Exchange with a physician’s note within one week of the class that you miss. Only then will we be able to provide a credit.
- You must attend all of the classes in a 2 or four week series- there are no make-up sessions unless you provide a physician’s note.
- If for any reason Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a class or workshop, you will be notified and refunded.
- PLEASE NOTE: Final products may vary from the images that are shown.
OUR ADDRESS: 1740 W Webster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614
PARKING: Free parking is available in our parking lot in designated RX parking spots between 9am and 6pm on weekdays. On evenings after 6pm and on weekends, you are welcome to park anywhere in our lot. There is also street parking in front of the building on Webster.
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Rebuilding Exchange is accessible by CTA bus and train, as well as by the Metra. For more information or to plan your trip, visit http://www.transitchicago.com.
WHAT TO WEAR: Wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Closed-toe shoes are required. Long hair must be tied back and no dangling jewelry or accessories should be worn. Facial hair should be trimmed and groomed. These rules are for your safety and must be followed. It is at the instructor's discretion to dismiss you from the workshop until proper attire is worn.
WOODWORKING MATERIAL: All wood is part of the material fee included with the workshop. No outside material can be brought in to the workshop.
COUPLES TICKETS: Please note that 1 couples ticket allows for 2 people to make 1 item together.