San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Edinburgh's Education, Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure employers on Thursday 11th May 2017 for an inspiring breakfast seminar hosted by VOCAL with The University of Edinburgh.
1 in 7 of the workforce have caring responsibilities looking after a parent, partner or family member whilst juggling full or part-time work.
VOCAL works with Edinburgh's employers creating carer friendly workplaces, supporting carers to remain in the workplace, this networking breakfast seminar provides a taster of the support available to employers.
Who will you hear from?
Prof. Wendy Loretto
Dean of Business School/ Professor of Organisational Behaviour, University of Edinburgh discussing initial findings from recent Extending Working Lives research around age and employment.
An interactive Training for Managers session with Allie Cherry, NHS Training Co-ordinator, VOCAL with tangible ideas that you can apply to your own organisation:
- Who are carers and how to identify them?
- Reasons why working carers need your support
- Benefits for employers and managers to support carers to remain at work
- Organisations and individuals you can refer or signpost carers to
- How to become a carer positive employer
Please advise if any dietry requirements