San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's time for another 24 hour hackathon!
This October, from Saturday the 20th to Sunday the 21st, pit your building skills against 9 other teams attempting to assemble the finest food-flinging machines in the world!
Your challenge is to build a machine in 24 hours (or less) that can fling the tastiest foodstuff the longest distance with the most style. Teams can bring in any supplies they want (up to $150 worth-- We will be asking for receipts at the door!), but you can't put anything together until the start of the competition. From then on out, it's a free-for-all to build your contraption using the supplies you've brought in alongside the supplies at the LVL1 hackerspace.
As with last time, buy only one ticket per team! One ticket gets your entire team in the door! Try to think of a team name before you show up! Your entry fees will be used to subsidized pizza and energy drinks.
At the end of the competition, teams will judge eachother in the following categories:
- Taste: How delicious is it, after being flung?
- Distance: How far did you fling it?
- Ingenuity: How well-built was your flinger? How crazy?
- Appearance: Is your food recognizable on the other end?
- $150 budget, not counting parts from the boneyard at LVL1
- Must be built in 24 hours (nothing preassembled!)
- Team size is unlimited (in either direction), but 3-6 is recommended
When & Where
LVL1 is a Louisville hackerspace.
LVL1's mission is to provide a shared space for collaborative technical and artistic experimentation in the Louisville area. We are a non-profit organization following the hackerspace model currently flourishing in cities all over the world. Our goal is to create an open workspace where engineers, artists and educators can meet and collaborate. LVL1 is where we begin making amazing things.