Registration opens: Monday, September 12th
Registration closes: Friday, October 14th (or, until spots fill up)
*Register ASAP, as spaces fill up quickly, and there are only ~300 spots available.
To register for this event, you will have 25 minutes to complete the registration page. Read the instructions below BEFORE registering.
REGISTERING AS AN INDIVIDUAL?
Step 1: Go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-a-difference-day-tickets-26281461559
Step 2: Register to be placed at a specific site. Select one of the group tickets (e.g., De-Trash the Wabash, Community Garden).
Step 3: Click the green “Register” button, and fill out the requested information.
REGISTERING AS A GROUP?
Step 1: Call or Email CELD at 765-494-1926 / email@example.com
Step 2: Depending upon the size of your group, one person from the group will be required to serve as a site leader. Site leader training will be on October 5th, 2015 at 7:30 p.m., and other dates as needed. Responsibilities of a site leader are listed above.
Step 3: A CELD staff member will contact you when your group has been successfully registered.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SITE LEADER?
Each volunteer project is assigned a site leader who serves as a point of connection between the volunteers, Civic Engagement & Leadership Development Staff, and the community partner. The duties of the site leader are as follows:
1. Facilitate ice breakers and get to know your group.
2. Make sure each volunteer has signed a waiver.
3. Talk with your group about the agency where you will be volunteering.
4. Coordinate with the bus driver and volunteers to ensure that volunteers arive and depart on the appropriate bus at the correct time.
5. Be a problem solver. If someone needs medical attention, find it. If you get dropped off in the wrong spot, determine if you can walk to where you need to be. In emergency situations, stay calm and use common sense. You will have our contact information.
6. Lead a reflective discussion after the service. This can be done while you are waiting for the bus.
7. Be a cheerleader – and HAVE FUN!
We will hold a trainings on October 14th and 18th to go over these responsibilities. We will hold additional trainings as needed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this leadership opportunity!
For more information, contact Vanessa S. Pacheco, Coordintator for Civic Engagement, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 765-494-1926.