San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
There are thousand of ways to implement a client’s requested feature, but only a few of them will be efficient and follow best practices. This training will cover those few methods and will give you the insight on how to solve performance issues throughout your Magento projects, even in the Magento core. You will enjoy three fantastic days that will change your attitude about your existing development practices. This course is based mainly on the Magento 2.0 codebase, but you can safely apply these principles to Magento 1.x projects as well.
Team leads – this is the perfect opportunity to raise your team’s proficiency with Magento 2 and build competency in your team around the performance & optimization skills your clients expect.
Ivan Chepurnyi has extensive Magento development experience. He took the unique opportunity to be part of the first core team to learn the system from the inside out. He is one of the pioneers in applying test-driven development practices and using a performance-first approach in building Magento projects. Being an eager learner, Ivan likes to share his knowledge and experience with other developers through his training courses and helps merchants to find the right solution for their business requirements as an independent consultant.
Ivan was nominated as Magento Master 2017 Mover
- Thousands of wrong ways to implement a client's request - how to find the right one
- Profiling methods
- Writing load tests
- Doing benchmarks
- Collections, any why 99% of the time you are using them wrong
- Using SPL to write efficient data retrievers
- Code compilation for flexible code
- Good Flat – Bad Flat
- Indexation techniques
- Quirks of MySQL query optimization
- You must be familiar with Magento 2.0 backend development (Magento 1.x backend developer with understanding of Magento 2 DI and modules works well too)
- You should know basics of working with MySQL
- You should have a decent laptop with latest Vagrant and VirtualBox installed, in order to be able run the following VM: https://github.com/ecomdev/fast-hypernode/
- If by any chance you are a happy Windows user, please make sure you have a Magento 2.x installation working on your laptop.
- Collaborative brainstorm sessions by analyzing customer requirements and finding the most efficient algorithms for their business
- Learning how to Profile your code correctly
- Tips & Tricks in Profiling
- Learning how to write Load Tests
- Learning how to write Benchmarks
- Understanding issues in default data retrieval algorithms
- Learning MySQL query internals
- Learning ways to improve data retrieval of small data subset
- Reusing created retrievers to export large amounts of data
- Learning about code compilation benefits
- Performance considerations FLAT versus EAV
- Learning writing zero-downtime indexer
- Writing better alternative for one of core indexers
- Learn how to write parallel non blocking indexation creation
- Recap of all 3 days
Dates & Venue
3 day course: May 3rd, 4th and 5th, 9AM to 6PM each day.
Location: World Trade Center The Hague
Registration fee (3 days of training, coffee & lunch): 1499 EUR excl BTW
Limited seats available, register now!
What do attendees say?
Ivan is one of the best Magento developers across the world. I've attended his Magento 2 Performance Training and I have to say it was one of the best Magento Training Sessions I've attended. Not only he explained things in very clear way but he also showed how to use the exact tools he was talking about. Because of that I was able not only to bring my code to whole new level but I've also learned how to identify bottleneck issues in any Magento project. If you are a Magneto Developer you definitely need to attend one of Ivans training and some of his Meet Magento speeches.
Senior Certified Magento Developer+, CEO Q-solutions Studio