MAG-20/Live Fire - April 1-2, 2017 - Centerton, AR
A two day, 20 hour immersion course in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Draw from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a police-style qualification course. Estimated ammo count: 500 rounds.
Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety. You will also need to provide your concealed carry permit or law enforcement ID as proof of good character. If you do not have a concealed carry permit, you will need to have your local law enforcement agency perform a background check for you, and provide us a copy of those results for our records. Please bring these to class with you.
What Do I bring?
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks. ( it happens more than you think)
- A good quality holster. You need a safe, quality holster and belt. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear.
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine, mud may be involved.
- Raingear plus a light jacket and sweater or sweatshirt (mornings and evenings can be cold).
- Note taking materials. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
- Firearm cleaning supplies plus any tools / lubricants that you might need.
- A flashlight. Although we will not be doing any night shooting, it can get getting dark fairly early and some of our facilities have no lighting at the range. A flashlight might be handy for packing up your gear and getting to your car.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, folding chairs and tables, tarps, canopy, etc.), if you choose.
Our range locations has a portable toilet, but not running water. For your comfort, you might want to bring wipes, disposable washcloths and/or hand sanitizer.
Please bring your own lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” on both days. Bring water, while we do provide water at all of our locations, it never hurts to bring some more. We teach in many locations and cannot guarantee the comfort of the chairs, if that might be an issue for you feel free to bring a cushion to sit on for the classroom portion. There are picnic tables on the range as well, but you may want to bring your own folding chair for breaks.
We will send a welcome packet to you prior to the class beginning via email. This will include directions to the range, range gate access code, and instructions for arriving at the class prepared. Please bring a COPY of your proof of good character (concealed carry permit, law enforcement id, or police background check).
This range is a cold range. No handling of firearms in the parking lot or classroom is permitted. If you arrive with your handgun holstered and loaded for street carry, please keep it holstered. Once we leave the classroom and head to the range, we will assemble everyone on the firing line to handle firearms under instructor's commands. At the end of each day, we will do the same, allowing everyone to get loaded up with their desired carry before leaving the range.
On day 1 we will begin promptly at 7:30 am, handle classroom business, do classroom instruction, and then we will head to the range. The allowed shooting hours for this range are 8 am - 5 pm. We will move at a very swift pace to make sure all shooting is completed by 5 pm. Day 2 will have us meet at the range at 7:30 where we will meet on the firing line to get your firearms holstered and then begin instruction. The first drill will put shots down range promptly at 8 am.
Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the class if you have questions.
Refund and Cancellation policy
We understand that things come up and plans change, therefore we will be happy to refund your tuition up to 30 days prior to the event should you decide to cancel. If you cancel with less than 30 days until the event, then we will refund half of the tuition price. No refund will be given with less than 7 days until the event. In the unlikely event of organizer cancellation, all tuition & deposits will be refunded.