Actions and Detail Panel
Lyme Disease Awareness Walk
Sat, May 6, 2017, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
1st Annual Lyme Awareness Walk for Tri-Cities, Washington is here!
May is Lyme Disease Awareness month. To support all Lyme warriors out there we will walk for more accurate, faster, and more accessible Lyme testing! On the same day people in Washington D.C. will also be marching as part of the MAYDAY Project. This is a NON-PARTISAN walk for awareness and support for Lyme to be recognized as an epidemic and people need help now!
Come have fun with us and let's fight Lyme! Dress in your Lyme Green colors and flair!
WALKING IS FREE! Want to help fight lyme disease? You can donate $25 for Adults or $15 for kids and get an awesome shirt to wear while you walk and to take home as a reminder to keep fighting like a tiger!
Can't Attend BUT would like to DONATE? Click on TICKETS and simply donate what you would like.
Pets are also welcome! Nice Friendly dogs please on Leash only.
We are also looking for local sponsors.If you would like to sponsor please contact Tavia at: 509-438-5861
What is Lyme disease? Lyme disease is a tick borne illness that is rapidly spreading world wide. It is surpassing Breast Cancer and other cancers. More than 300,000 people a year are diagnosed. And those are just the ones that are reported. It is estimated more than that have Lyme but have been misdiagnosed because Lyme is the great imitator of other illnesses.
All proceeds will be donated to new lyme testing research and those that need to be tested. The problem with today's testing is that they are not 100% accurate. An accurate lyme test would mean less chronic lyme patients being diagnosed. Imagine being able to walk into your local pharmacy and having the ability to purchase a lyme test you can take home when experiencing Lyme symptoms? They key is early detection. Like any disease, early detection gives a patient a better chance at fighting the disease and essentially putting the disease into remission.
We are excited to walk for all sufferin and, battling Lyme disease. We also remember those that lost their life to Lyme disease. Lyme kills and Lyme has no cure! But together with a better testing and research for a cure, we can prevent a life-long battle that doesn't have to be.
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- All are welcome! If you can't walk, walkers and strollers, wheelchairs are also welcome.
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Park at the east end of the park by the Veterans memorial.
- What can I bring into the event?
- Your festive wear, comfortable walking shoes, lots of smiles and good attitudes. Dogs are also welcome. Must be on the leash and bring a potty clean up baggie.
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Email: Tavia@Daysofmylyme.com or go to website: WWW.DAYSOFMYLYME.COM
- What's the refund policy?
- All sales are finals after Friday May 5th, 2017.
- What time should I arrive?
- Please plan on arriving no later than 9:45 a.m. Race/walk starts at 10 a.m sharp! A brief presentation will occur a few minutes before the walk.
- How far is the walk?
- 2 miles total. We will start at the veterans memorial and go past the golf course and return for a total of a 2 mile walk.
- Are restrooms available at the park?