LVL1 FPGA Programing Workshop
Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
This workshop will introduce you to the world of FPGAs. FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Array) can be found in almost any electronic device on the market today.
-A Computer with VMware installed will need to be brought to the workshop.
- Introduction to:
- what an FPGA is and why you would use it,
- how an FPGA is different than a microprocessor,
- the mindset needed to plan a FPGA design,
- and development board & integrated development environment (IDE).
- Review and examination of code snippets.
- SPI encoder / decoder
- Binary to seven segment encoder
- Clock dividers
- Including some of my current projects
You will leave with a development board, programming software, example code and the knowledge to use and expand upon them.
Link to the development board:
Any questions email tdmart05 at gmail.com with the subject "FPGA workshop question".
When & Where
LVL1 is a Louisville hackerspace.
LVL1's mission is to provide a shared space for collaborative technical and artistic experimentation in the Louisville area. We are a non-profit organization following the hackerspace model currently flourishing in cities all over the world. Our goal is to create an open workspace where engineers, artists and educators can meet and collaborate. LVL1 is where we begin making amazing things.