Taren Guy & Anthony Dickey Presents:
"Luv & Learn Your Hair"
Black History Edition
Where inspiration meets education in the natural hair community...
Taren Guy and Anthony Dickey (of Hair Rules) partner up to bring forth a fabulous and unforgettable natural hair event that will be held at NYC's"Harlem School of the Arts"
Taren will be speaking on the deeper meanings and issues of natural hair and what it means to her. This segment of the event will be on the more inspirational side with the intent to uplift others to LOVE THEIR HAIR. Dickey will be helping others LEARN THEIR HAIR by doing live hair demos while in turn, giving very valuable tips on how to be free, playful and versatile without compromising it’s health.
Other activies include:
- Live Q & A session with Taren Guy
- Hair demos done by Dickey himself as well as a LIVE BIG CHOP!
- In honor of black history month, there will be a live panel discussion titled "The Deeper The Roots" which will be discussing texture discrimination, complexion / race and how it correlates with hair texture etc. The people who will be participating on this panel are: Taren Guy, Dickey, Michaela Angela Davis and 3 event attendees who will be selected.
- Live music performance by rising star, Chen Lo and his band (DJ Jahmed will be providing music thoughout the evening)
- An art exhibit showcasing the "History of the Afro" throughout the evening which will present a historical feel in essence of black history month
- An impromptu "Natural Hair Fashion Show" modeled by the event attendees celebrating unique style. (Make sure you come with your best hair style because YOU may be selected to participate in the fashion show!)
- Fun raffle prizes and giveaways as well as juicy goodie bags to go home with!
(Goodie bags sponsored by NaturallyCurly.com)
- Vendors will be there showcasing their brands
* Complimentary beverages and food vendors will be available
(Beverages sponsored by Vita Coco)
More about our guests:
Image activist/writer/conversationalist Michaela angela Davis and celebrity hair stylist and founder of “Hair Rules” , Anthony Dickey. Michaela is the recipient of NAACP’s Phenomenal Woman Award and is a frequent guest on CNN, BBC, MTV, VH1 and BET. Michaela has explored the power of beauty, urban style, women’s politics and hip-hop culture for over 20 years. Dickey who is also considered the “Texture Guru” and is very popular amongst the natural hair community. Some of his clients include Rihanna, Sarah Jessica Parker, Solange, Michelle Obama and many more!
This will be a fun loving and inspirational event to help celebrate the beauty of natural hair at it's best ... You won't want to miss this! Hope to see you there!